|Plan Availability||✓ Startup||✓ Lite||✓ Professional||✓ Premium|
Activate Law Firm Support
You will only be accepted as a client of the law firm if you pass the law firm’s Know Your Client (KYC) and conflict checks.
After payment, you will see a message that asks for information about you and your business. Simply reply to the message by typing in the chat box. Your dedicated law firm will use this information to run the routine KYC and conflict checks.
After KYC and conflict checks are cleared, the law firm will send you an engagement letter which will outline any expenses you may incur. Once signed, you can start chatting with your lawyer right within the app!
Using the Premium Helpdesk Plan
- How can I talk to a lawyer on the app?
Simply type your message in the box available at the bottom right corner of the screen. The law firm will receive your message and be able to reply directly to you.
- How do I send documents and files to the lawyer?
You can do so by clicking the paperclip icon on the chat box. However please note that the law firm will only review, amend or draft any documents under the Premium Lawyer plan.
- What kind of questions can be asked? Any examples?
Under the Premium Helpdesk plan, you can ask questions on the law that can be answered without the need to take detailed instructions.
Examples: Which document should I use if I want to do xyz? What should I be aware of when I use these documents? What do clauses x and y mean?
- What does “unlimited access” mean?
It means that under the Premium Helpdesk plan, you can access the law firm via live chat for an unlimited number of times during the law firm’s office hours.
- Can I call the lawyer instead of using live chat?
Phone access is not available under the Premium Helpdesk plan. It’s only available under the Premium Lawyer plan.
Using the Premium Lawyer Plan
- I have created a document on Dragon Law. How can I get it reviewed / amended by the law firm?
1. Go to My Documents
2. Open the context menu next to the document, and click Share
3. Enter the email address of the law firm, and if you like, give additional instructions to the law firm by leaving a note:
Your lawyer will be able to access your document, and make edits to information you’ve provided on the document builder. Your lawyer can also download your document as a Word document to make tailored changes.
- Will the lawyer review/amend documents that I did not create on Dragon Law?
Yes, but this will take longer than Dragon Law documents because the lawyer must familiarise themselves with the document.
To send the document to your lawyer:
1. Open the live chat
2. Attach and send the file within the live chat
- I can’t find the document I need on Dragon Law. Can the lawyer help?
Yes of course. The lawyer can point you to the right document. You can ask the lawyer via live chat. If the document is not available, you can ask the law firm to draft for you. The law firm will send the document to you via live chat.
- Is live chat and phone access unlimited?
No. Under the Premium Lawyer plan, the lawyer will deliver a full range of legal services (including discussing your case with you on live chat and helping you with your documents). There is a cap of 6 hours per year on such full legal services, no matter how they are delivered.
- Are the hours capped per month or per year?
Per year. This means that if you use all the hours in the first week, then all the hours under the plan are gone, and you would have to pay the law firm for additional hours.
- Would 6 hours of legal services be enough for my situation?
This is hard to say, as who knows what will happen during a year or what you will need.
If you need more support from the law firm, you can make your request directly to the law firm. The law firm will notify you in advance of any additional charges and seek your agreement before providing any additional services.
- How are the hours tracked?
The hours will be tracked by the law firm. It will include time spent interacting with the customer on live chat or the phone, as well as time spent conducting legal research and reviewing any documents provided by the customer. It would also include any face-to-face interaction.
- Do I get a time balance so I know how to manage the time I’m given?
We don’t have this feature on the app yet. You can ask the law firm how much time you have left at any stage.
- How does the law firm charge past those hours?
It depends on the law firm. Dragon Law doesn’t have any say over this. You can agree a fee with the law firm and pay the law firm directly without any involvement of Dragon Law.
- How is either Premium account paid for? How is the money divided? How much does Dragon Law get?
When pay online, you pay for Dragon Law, and pay for legal service separately. Your monthly fee is broken into two parts 1) Dragon Law’s software fee, and 2) the law firm’s fee. The law firm’s fee has nothing to do with Dragon Law, and is paid directly to the law firm without any deductions. Likewise no part of the software fee goes to the law firm. We do not share fees with law firms.
- Will I be Dragon Law’s client or the law firm’s client?
Both! You will be a customer of Dragon Law’s paying for our software, but you are given legal service by the law firm - so you are the law firm’s ‘client’.
- Can Dragon Law and the law firm exchange my information, and collaborate to help me?
No. The relationship between you and the law firm is legally privileged - which means utterly confidential. No information can be shared between the law firm and Dragon Law - there are two separate relationships.
To be clear we support your use of the Dragon Law document builder, and the law firm provides legal service.
- Do law firms pay a membership fee or referral fee for being on the Dragon Law platform?
Absolutely not. It is free for law firms to join our platform.
- Is there any way possible to include a face-to-face meeting with the law firm within a Premium plan?
If you are on the Premium Lawyer plan, then you can arrange a time to meet with the lawyer. This service is not included in the Premium Helpdesk plan.
- Does the law firm have dedicated manpower to support me? How senior is that person? What expertise does he/she have? What is the turnaround time?
Yes the law firm will assign a lawyer or a legally trained staff member to be your first point of contact. Turnaround time depends on the law firm but if any matter is of urgency, you should bring it to the law firm’s attention.
- How do you select law firms for the Premium plans?
We do not select the law firm based on any specific criteria. Further, in no way do we suggest that any one law firm is better than any other, or expert in any particular field.You should feel free to research the law firm, and you can speak to them in advance if you want.